"PRIVATE" CONVERSATIONS IN PUBLIC

Let's go off-top!

Модераторы: English Admin, Модераторы

oreok

"PRIVATE" CONVERSATIONS IN PUBLIC

Непрочитанное сообщение oreok »

HELLO TO ALL OF YOU DARLINGS !!!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT ANY ISSUE YOU LIKE AND FIND INTERESTING (TRAVEL EXPERIENCES, EVERY DAY ISSUES THAT CONCERN YOU IN SOME WAY, THINGS ABOUT OUR WORLD YOU FIND STRANGE, INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY ETC. ETC.) THEN FEEL FREE TO DO IT HERE. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY EXCHANGING OPINIONS ON ALL SORTS OF TOPICS !!! :wink: :D
I AM ROMANTIC YOU KNOW, READY TO MAKE ANY KIND OF FOOLISHNESS FOR LOVE. (DANYA)

A WOMAN KNOWS THE FACE OF THE MAN SHE LOVES AS A SAILOR KNOWS THE OPEN SEA (HONORE DE BALZAC)

THE ARTIST VOCATION IS TO SEND LIGHT INTO THE HUMAN HEART (GEORGE SAND)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Valolodja sweetie !

there is a thin line between weakness and strength..sometimes our weakness is a great advantage..
Hhhmmmm… in fact you might be right after all. Strangely, sometimes it’s exactly those things we don’t like about ourselves and which we consider weaknesses (whether physical imperfections or flaws in our character) that make us interesting and lovable in the eyes of others. I have no idea at all why it’s like that but who is able to read and understand Mother Nature’s mind?
ha ha ha..lawyer? no no my dear FOFO...I don't suck blood like most lawyers do...
Now I am laughing……. Yes unfortunately, that’s the image we often have of lawyers: turning and twisting words and meanings, bending the law to a degree where it’s not recognizable anymore and all of that for personal profit. If I wasn’t laughing I would be crying… It’s a shame that some of them quite obviously suffer from a lack of a professional code of ethics…
if we are patient we will learn from our mistakes.. and we learn as long as we live...
Oh darling you’re so right but patience to learn from our mistakes presupposes the ability and maturity to understand and admit our mistakes and the will to make a change which can be a long, painful process in one’s life.

I might be wrong but sometimes I think that things in people’s lives, on a personal as well as on a global political level, would be completely different if there was true motivation and belief in this principle of “learning from mistakes”. Then again of course this is a very simplifying, naпve idea because life and this world are far too complex and unpredictable and innocent, childlike approaches like this would never work here.
this world is still held by those old ideas that mostly came from church..
Yes Valodja sweetie, many positive values as well as negative attitudes are rooted in the various ideologies of the Christian churches, at least in the western world. I don’t know any other institution representing and actually existing in such odd extremes and paradoxes.

On the one hand, Christian philosophy, based on the principles taught by Jesus Christ and his mother Mary, gave the western societies all those essential values, ideals and rules of humanity which modern, free, democratic societies are so proud of: love, peace, respect, tolerance, the concept of the dignity, freedom and equality of people, the gift of life, mercy and compassion etc.

In times of slavery and dictatorship individual priests, bishops etc. spoke up loudly in the name of the people for freedom and peace. For example in Greece during the very long Ottoman occupation a number of Orthodox clerics taught children the Greek language and culture in secret schools and some of them resisting the occupants politically were killed and dragged through the streets.

In the period of the “Third Reich” in Germany, the protestant priest Dietrich Bonhoefer was executed by the Nazis for his work in the resistance. Remember all those Catholic priests who took sides with the people against the military junta in Latin America and paid with their lives for this (moreover they were badly let down by the Vatican…).

Without Pope John Paul II Poland and later the other east European countries wouldn’t have been freed from the communist regimes and the courage and determination of the Protestant congregations in east Germany was invaluable for the fall of the dictatorship there.

On the other hand the Christian churches have a very long tradition of intolerance, misogyny, arrogance, abuse of power and corruption, suppression, hypocrisy etc. Hardly any other institution made itself guilty of so much human misery around the globe throughout history. Just some examples:

the persecution of women, Jews and other “minorities” in the Middle Ages, the crimes of the Inquisition, the subjugation and extinction of native people and cultures in America, Asia, Africa during the centuries of colonisation, the collaboration with or support of authoritarian regimes (in Latin America, in Tsarist Russia and in the Soviet Union, to a certain extent in Greece during the military dictatorship in the 1960ies / 1970ies).
I mean in history there were probably millions of women who were better choise for important positions in societies but NNOoo...
Well, not only in history but in our so-called modern times, too because unfortunately our societies inherited a problematic aspect of conservative, Christian ideology which of course is patriarchy. Any misogynous stereotype and prejudice is derived from the patriarchal view of the world and no matter how modern and progressive we may think ourselves, sexist patterns still do survive in the way we perceive, judge and treat each other.

I don’t believe that patriarchy as a whole is wrong and outdated and I neither believe that matriarchy is the answer to all the problems in the world. Personally, I would be happy and satisfied if the general social conditions in Europe were changed in a way giving women equal status and opportunities in the job market, including access to leading positions, thus allowing them to participate and contribute to society the way men are able to do.

In fact, it would be very useful in every way if there was more understanding, empathy and respect for the problems and needs of both sexes because in the end we’re all human beings and we need each other.
I guess that it was very bad time to be foreigner in such transition of the society...
You may find it funny, but from my own experience and point of view, things in that time of political, economic and social transition were much harder for the Germans, especially the east Germans, than for the foreigners living in west Germany.

The west Germans were suddenly confronted with a situation they hadn’t expected and were not prepared for because the economy of east Germany was in a disastrous state and the major part of the financial burden for rebuilding the eastern economy had to be carried by the west Germans.

The east Germans had to realize very soon that democracy, freedom and capitalism wouldn’t change their lives in the way they had naively imagined and many were terribly frustrated and disillusioned by the rapidly rising unemployment and the fact that wealth didn’t fall miraculously like rain from the sky.

The lives of the foreigners (including me and my family) living in west Germany basically didn’t change at all. The generation of the parents (the so-called “Gastarbeiter” from the southern European countries) had been living and working there for 25-40 years and my generation was fully integrated in the German society, going through the German education system. The behaviour of friends, teachers, class mates, neighbours and familiar people in the towns we lived towards us didn’t change at all.

BUT the thing that worried, scared and concerned many foreigners and the majority of Germans in the first years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, was a seemingly growing, overt, aggressive, primitive form of racism especially in east Germany where neo-Nazi ideology fell on fertile ground as the problems, fears, hopelessness and disappointments of the people were greatest there. In those years a number of foreigners in east and west were attacked and killed by racists and the pictures of burning houses where foreigners lived travelled via TV news coverage around the world. It was a sad and depressing time and many foreigners and Jewish communities felt rather unsafe and threatened.

Thank God, 15 years after the German unification the extent of racism is back on its “normal” level if it possible to consider any level of racism as “normal”… What I mean is that it is on a level very comparable to that in other European countries and quite obviously our democracies are strong and stable enough to keep it under control and fight it.
you refused to change yourself because of the others an that made you a person, personally I am happy because of it because today I have someone more than interesting to talk with
Oh thank you honey :blush: :oops: … that’s a very kind and sweet thing to say :hugs: and indeed I’d like to return the compliment. I enjoy talking with you very much, too and the pleasure is on my side !
I wish to travel so much..to see all of the ancient monuments..I only saw ephesus..
Ooooooh you really did ? I envy you !!! It must have been an extraordinary experience… I went to see ancient Delphi (you know the famous oracle of Greek Antiquity) some years ago and the incredible, magical atmosphere and beauty of that place is just unique. I believe the ancient Greeks knew exactly why this place was so perfect for establishing an oracle of that importance there… Valodja, if you’re given the opportunity to visit Delphi don’t hesitate ! You’ll be fascinated !!!

Traveling… yes it’s an exciting thing to do. In a private mail I said to sweetelena that I’m dreaming of going to all Arab countries. When I was little I was completely thrilled by Oriental fairy tales (you know 1000 and 1 Night…..) and clothing and in the course of the years I learned to love Arab cultures (especially Muslim art and architecture). And then all this delicious food, the sound and rhythm of music, the interesting people…
computer science brings much more of that idiotic paper..
ha ha ha ha… :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I’ll give you a German proverb on this:

“GELD IST NICHT ALLES, ABER OHNE GELD IST ALLES NICHTS.”

Money is not everything but without money everything is nothing.
my grandparents and their parents are interesting for this story...you must understand that Serbia is a market of genes,lot of cultures mixed..my grandfather's mother was romanian..my grandmother's mother was montenegrian..her brother was one the greatest serbian composers..these were my roots from my mother's side..my father was born in a very small mountain village (beautiful nature,houses of mud,cows, sheeps etc..)..and those people there are not 100% sure who their ancestors are,they don't care much..so there is great mistery about that..but there are strong indications that some greeks settled there and I am trying to find out are they my ancestors..old people say they are but their word is not enough for me..
I guess you already know you’re a lucky person because of this colourful, rich family history. By the way, except Serbian and English, do you speak perhaps a little Romanian, too? Valodja and another question. The name “Montenegro” (it means ‘black mountain’ doesn’t it?) sounds so Italian to me. Do you know how the territory we call Montenegro today got its name?

So you’re on a kind of treasure hunt sweetie… When you say “indications that some Greeks settled there” do you refer to Antiquity or to a much later period e.g. the 18th / 19th century AD ?

Where do you think you might find reliable information ? Probably in some historical documents at a university library… or at private and state archives (museums ?) where written sources are kept… sometimes the etymology of a family’s last name can give you a hint, so the last name of your great-grandparents might offer a clue for your search….

A WOMAN KNOWS THE FACE OF THE MAN SHE LOVES AS A SAILOR KNOWS THE OPEN SEA (HONORE DE BALZAC)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
tina

Непрочитанное сообщение tina »

wow, oreok, I must appologize, I didn't read everything you wrote, but honey.....good job, sometimes I can write long enough, but deffinetly not like you, it's WOW, I have no words :D :D :D
Ak clovek urobi nieco z lasky pre svet, ten sa vie postarat o to, aby to druhykrat uz neurobil.
J.W.Goethe

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

tina, :D

Well to be honest, I think this time the thing got a little out of control :lol: :oops: :roll: because I had enough time and I just wanted to explain some things in detail. I think, next time I'll try to make it a bit shorter because I guess from a certain point on it gets kind of exhausting for the person reading it... (ha ha) 8) .

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
sweetelena2005
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение sweetelena2005 »

tina писал(а):wow, oreok, I must appologize, I didn't read everything you wrote, but honey.....good job, sometimes I can write long enough, but deffinetly not like you, it's WOW, I have no words :D :D :D
hahah me 2
but nice honey oreok :D
Have the courage to live. Anyone can die!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
stimpy
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение stimpy »

FOFO :) :) :)

"Hhhmmmm… in fact you might be right after all. Strangely, sometimes it’s exactly those things we don’t like about ourselves and which we consider weaknesses (whether physical imperfections or flaws in our character) that make us interesting and lovable in the eyes of others. I have no idea at all why it’s like that but who is able to read and understand Mother Nature’s mind?"
well..you left me without words dear...100% pure true...even I fall for
those imperfections...oh you women...you were made to be adored no
mather what..

"It’s a shame that some of them quite obviously suffer from a lack of a professional code of ethics…"
yes ofcourse..code of ethics..anyway they could always get back to their
natural call..they could be vampires..not institutional way to suck blood but..

"I might be wrong but sometimes I think that things in people’s lives, on a personal as well as on a global political level, would be completely different if there was true motivation and belief in this principle of “learning from mistakes”. Then again of course this is a very simplifying, naпve idea because life and this world are far too complex and unpredictable and innocent, childlike approaches like this would never work here."
:) well I could always dream of it...

FOFO!!! :)
there is no ideology that wasn't distroyed by us humans....imagine Jesus
today,I mean..he would be totaly furious by the way his idea was interpreted..kill to adore system....ofcourse there are bad and good people...but often those bad get to the top don't they..

"unfortunately our societies inherited a problematic aspect of conservative, Christian ideology which of course is patriarchy"

yes FOFO..EVERLASTING FEAR of us men placed women into inferior position...christian ideology placed for example Maria Magdalena in
the role of whore and she was actualy one of the Jesus's best students...but the greatest problem was that she was a woman..and better...
do not be troubled..as long as there are men that think like me there is
hope that things will be changed.... ;)

"The east Germans had to realize very soon that democracy, freedom and capitalism wouldn’t change their lives in the way they had naively imagined and many were terribly frustrated and disillusioned by the rapidly rising unemployment and the fact that wealth didn’t fall miraculously like rain from the sky."

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...well that is the main problem of serbian society theese years...now everyone is frustrated and there is no true will for
responsability of modern living....and we are going back now...boomerang has turned back right into face...

"Thank God, 15 years after the German unification the extent of racism is back on its “normal” level if it possible to consider any level of racism as “normal”… What I mean is that it is on a level very comparable to that in other European countries and quite obviously our democracies are strong and stable enough to keep it under control and fight it."

well..my people have a great problem...there is a lack of enemies...we had war with everyone..so idiots are looking for any kind of diference (encouraged by Church and polititians)....level of racism is not "normal"...
I think that we need those 2 french revolutions in here...like air...I mean just imagine church's highest priests who are hiding war criminals and making deals with mafia heads...than racism would not lineary grow with
corruption...

:) NO MATHER WHAT I AM GOING TO GREECE NEXT YEAR..I AM JUST SHAMED BY THE FACT THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN SUCH BEAUTY THAT GREEK HISTORY OFFERS...
HA HA HA..ONE DAY WE WILL MEET SOMEWHERE IN THE EAST!! :)

"“GELD IST NICHT ALLES, ABER OHNE GELD IST ALLES NICHTS.”"
what can I say...famous german racionality.....

"By the way, except Serbian and English, do you speak perhaps a little Romanian, too? Valodja and another question. The name “Montenegro” (it means ‘black mountain’ doesn’t it?) sounds so Italian to me. Do you know how the territory we call Montenegro today got its name?"

nooo...I know a few words of romaninan...Mntenegrians always wanted to be italians but italians always hated the idea of simmilarity of any kind...in
their basics they are pretty much the same(100%) like us,bosnians and croatians...so ho knows...you must understand that our national indentities
are mostly based on false histories...

"So you’re on a kind of treasure hunt sweetie… When you say “indications that some Greeks settled there” do you refer to Antiquity or to a much later period e.g. the 18th / 19th century AD ?"
don't know for sure.....somewhere betweeen the end of 17th and half of the 18th century...still trying to find out somehow...reliable information..hard stuff....I will have to go there to talk with the oldest people..to try to
get a clue... archives :) ..hard stuff again..this "wild west" here..it was probably distroyed 41-45 last century...or never existed...
"What awaits each person in heaven is eternal bliss, divine rest, and ten thousand dollars cash..." - Eric Cartman

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
jelena

Непрочитанное сообщение jelena »

stimpy писал(а): Valodja and another question. The name “Montenegro” (it means ‘black mountain’ doesn’t it?) sounds so Italian to me. Do you know how the territory we call Montenegro today got its name?"

..Mntenegrians always wanted to be italians but italians always hated the idea of simmilarity of any kind...in
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well well :rolleyes: my dear compatriot maybe you have just rushed a little to make funny remarks on your own people living in south of the country – territory called Montenegro :lol: :wink: :lol:
Don’t we all sometimes want to be like our rich and prosperous neighbors whoever they are? people from Montenegro always admired their neighbors across the sea, so what?! It still has no connection whatsoever with the name that was given to the territory they have been inhabiting for centuries :wink:
Yes word Montenegro comes from Italian language, meaning exactly what you think it means , and most certainly not given by the people of Montenegro themselves but the very Italians !

Name Monte Negro had appeared in late 13th century. Italian sailors had given this name to the territory we are talking about, for very obvious reasons-the only , but very impressive thing they had been able to see from the sea were mountains, so … They put the name in their maps and from that time name Montenegro had started to appear in all nautical maps, later all geographical maps, atlases etc.
:wink:
Things fall down. People look up. And when it rains, it pours.
mag-no'li-a

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

LELENA LOVE !!!

THANKS ALOT FOR THE STORY OF THE NAME. THAT'S GREAT !!!

HELLO MY DEAR SCORPIO UP THERE IN BELGRADE !!!
Strangely, sometimes it’s exactly those things we don’t like about ourselves and which we consider weaknesses (whether physical imperfections or flaws in our character) that make us interesting and lovable in the eyes of others. I have no idea at all why it’s like that but who is able to read and understand Mother Nature’s mind?"

well..you left me without words dear...100% pure true...even I fall for those imperfections...oh you women...you were made to be adored no mather what..
Oooooooohhhhh!!!!….goodness!!!…. ha ha ha ha ha !!! Sweetie, I just love that comment… hhhmmm…you make me think in fact. Don’t get me wrong honey, I don’t mean to stick my silly nose into your personal matters but at the moment I’m wondering what kind of imperfections in women you might be thinking of….don’t take this as a serious question ‘cause I don’t seriously expect you to answer this…

You know something? And again don’t misunderstand me !! If I didn’t know that these are your words, I could imagine them to be a quotation by Casanova… I mean, I don’t quite approve of his promiscuity (well, 18th century guy, moving in aristocratic circles, I think that was quite common for that time and that society) but hey, that man never ever insulted any of his lovers and never left any woman unsatisfied, besides he had the decency to keep the secret of their identity to himself.

"I might be wrong but sometimes I think that things in people’s lives, on a personal as well as on a global political level, would be completely different if there was true motivation and belief in this principle of “learning from mistakes”. Then again of course this is a very simplifying, naпve idea because life and this world are far too complex and unpredictable and innocent, childlike approaches like this would never work here."

well I could always dream of it...

Yes, sure you or rather we could always dream of it but in the long run it’s kind of unsatisfactory and even if you make efforts to apply this principle in your life you don’t always get the result you intended… Anyway, I guess as long as we try again and again, simply not giving up, we might be able to make some little but rewarding changes at least in our own, personal small world.
imagine Jesus today
hhhmmm… I could imagine two options:

a) he would be the world’s most acknowledged, most popular theologian and social reformer, a candidate for the Nobel Peace Award or

b) the radical Jews would see a traitor in him, the Christian churches would discredit him as a heretic and people, at least in the western world, would probably love him in the way they love the Tibetan Dalai Lama…

often those bad get to the top don't they..

If you’re referring to a number of politicians of our time or to the dictators of the 20th century (in Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa) then you’re absolutely right!!!

christian ideology placed for example Maria Magdalena in the role of whore and she was actualy one of the Jesus's best students...but the greatest problem was that she was a woman

Good example !!!

"The east Germans had to realize very soon that democracy, freedom and capitalism wouldn’t change their lives in the way they had naively imagined and many were terribly frustrated and disillusioned by the rapidly rising unemployment and the fact that wealth didn’t fall miraculously like rain from the sky."

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...well that is the main problem of serbian society theese years...now everyone is frustrated and there is no true will for responsability of modern living....and we are going back now...boomerang has turned back right into face...

This phenomenon occurs in almost any society which experienced a long dictatorship and is trying to establish a democratic system. Sooner or later, a good number of people will say that things were much better in the past because they had a job, a regular income, a little house or a flat and their children were looked after in nursery schools while they were at work.

And you know what? In some way they are right. In fact, it is extremely difficult, if not traumatic and scary, for people when political and economic changes of that dimension bring negative, threatening changes in their lives. Unemployment, the loss of privileges, poverty, not being paid for months by one’s employer, old people begging in the streets or selling their possessions for a little bit of money because their pensions are ridiculously low, teen age school graduates not getting any job training options etc. are facts which people naturally and justifiably cannot accept no matter how wonderful and exciting freedom and democracy may be.

When people desperately try to survive because the new system or rather those in power in the new system totally fail to provide the socio-economic conditions necessary to secure people’s subsistence then it’s not surprising when people dream of the “good old times”. Unfortunately, in some cases recent history taught us as well that a newly established democracy isn’t necessarily represented by democratic politicians though they may have been elected by the people… and that of course undermines democracy as such in the eyes of many people who might have had great hopes in it.

well..my people have a great problem...there is a lack of enemies...we had war with everyone..so idiots are looking for any kind of diference (encouraged by Church and polititians)....

Ha ha ha ha ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , are you sure you’re talking about Serbia? This sounds very much like present USA. In this context, I would recommend to you to read “Stupid White Men” and “Dude, Where’s My Country?” by Michael Moore. I’m sure you’ll enjoy both of them !!!

I mean just imagine church's highest priests who are hiding war criminals and making deals with mafia heads

Oh my gracious Lord in Heaven !!! Don’t remind me of the last scandal here in Greece :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: (it’s just a short time ago) in which a number of Greek Orthodox clerics in high positions were involved in unimaginable events… it’s a very long, mixed up and complicated, shocking and deeply depressing story (corruption, drugs, probably blackmail, manipulation etc. etc. etc.).

NO MATHER WHAT I AM GOING TO GREECE NEXT YEAR..

Reeeeeaaaaallyyyyyy ??? Do you already know where exactly you would like to go? I guess you want to travel in summer but the best, mildest and most beautiful seasons are early autumn and spring.

I AM JUST SHAMED BY THE FACT THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN SUCH BEAUTY THAT GREEK HISTORY OFFERS...

Well, come next year, have a fantastic time, hopefully meet some great people and try to see as many of the historical places as you can !!!!
HA HA HA..ONE DAY WE WILL MEET SOMEWHERE IN THE EAST!!

YOU BET WE WILL !!! :hugs: :P SEND ME A MAIL TO LET ME KNOW YOU’RE ON YOUR WAY AND I’LL BE THERE FOR SURE !!!!

I don’t know if you have a sweet tooth but I might bring some of these lovely Greek sweets with me… you know the ones we use when we (the Greek girls) talk about Danya…..

Your search for your cultural roots seems to be a tricky, difficult matter but I very much hope you’ll be successful in the end. If any written documents exist (though you might be right with your assumption that much of it was perhaps destroyed…) and you would be allowed access to them then don’t hesitate at all to have a look at them. You might find something that could lead you further on… by the way, you must have a History Faculty at Belgrade University. How about asking one of the professors there for some info, help, advice etc.? They’re very experienced with that kind of research.

Talking about history, in one of the big Greek Sunday magazines I found a long article about towns all over the world that in their course of their history changed their name e.g. ancient Lutetia is today’s Paris, former Koenigsberg is today’s Kaliningrad etc.

About Belgrade the article says that it’s old name, dating from the 3rd century B.C. is (excuse my spelling, I’m just guessing…) Shigidounoum (if you recognize it, please correct me !!) and it’s in fact one of the world’s oldest towns. People started to settle there approximately in 8000 B.C. (AMAZING !!!!!!!!). For a time it was part of the Roman Empire and then passed on to the Byzantium . Around 630 A.D. the first Serbian people / tribes settled there and in 878 A.D., while the place was part of the Bulgarian Kingdom, it was given the name
”Belgrade” which means ‘white fortress’ or ‘white town’.

Don’t you think it’s an exciting story? Folks, as south Europeans and people of the Balkans we have every right to be proud of such a long history of culture and civilization in this part of our continent and it is our bloody obligation to make sure that this history, tradition and cultural heritage is kept alive in respect towards all other European cultures.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
stimpy
Контактная информация:

HELLO MY DEAR FOFO :)
LOL..no,this scorpio is not from Belgrade :) I live 50 kms down the Danube in te town
called Smederevo (once the capital of medieval Serbia) :)
imperfections... :( like drugs...I always seeked for those who had something to say but
almost allways ended with those who looked good and who were "plastic" or "heartless"
(stupid a?)..first impulse is the look and it can be very tricky...it is important but
not enough...the most important is the person that is hiding under that face..but
that is why I will allways adore some of them..you could allways learn something new...
for example how to recognize someone who is realy exceptional in this jungle that is
so full of predators.. ;) I mean..for example..today it is so "extreme" to say that you
love someone..it is like "oh..my..did you hear what he said?!"..anyway I allways say
what I think or feel..no mather what..so I think that in some strange way those girls have this
"something positive(some even call it feeling("oh my god,he said feeling!!?"))" for me..
I was allways gentleman and I will allways keep their small secrets "locked"..so they are
satisfied in that way...

"Anyway, I guess as long as we try again and again, simply not giving up, we might be able to
make some little but rewarding changes at least in our own, personal small world."

ha ha..YES FOFO!! we all have this "backup" world..our own fortress to go back to..people
that understan us :)

hmmm..Jesus...you are right again FOFO!!! :) these two options are logical ways of looking
at personality of that magnitude...

"This phenomenon occurs in almost any society which experienced a long dictatorship and is
trying to establish a democratic system"
ha ha..OK...huh...than it is not so bad...just a process then...
but..it is a very complex one..the loss of privileges is just a logical outcome...I mean
it was very easy to live in system who gave the ordinary man these privileges but then again
it was very hard for ordinary man to ask himself from where did that "BUENA VITA" come from..
everyone spent their money..adored their beloved leader..untill one day some people in expencive
clothes showed up at their doors with billions of credits to be payed up..and then chaos...
and imagine..beloved leader is dead...and then all at once this "BUENA VITA" is just a tale to
be told..real life is knocking at the doors.. ;)

"“Stupid White Men” and “Dude, Where’s My Country?” by Michael Moore"
oh yes..I heard for them and I will surely read them..thanx :)

"are you sure you’re talking about Serbia? This sounds very much like present USA"
ha ha ha..well you know what they say..stupidity is unique..

"Reeeeeaaaaallyyyyyy ??? Do you already know where exactly you would like to go?"
:) I'll probably visit all of the most important monuments..some tour or something..and
to go to your lovely seaside for sure..

"YOU BET WE WILL !!! SEND ME A MAIL TO LET ME KNOW YOU’RE ON YOUR WAY AND I’LL BE THERE FOR SURE !!!!"
ha ha..OK THEN FOFO!!! :) SKY IS OUR BORDER!!

"by the way, you must have a History Faculty at Belgrade University. How about asking one
of the professors there for some info, help, advice etc.? "
yes..that could help..thanx for advice :)

yes..Belgrade was under Roman,Bulgarian,Turkish and Austrian authority and there are some visible
trails of those times..there are thousands of interesting stories that are related to Belgrade's
history..it is the city that reminds me of some flower..it is the most beautiful in spring..and
plus it is placed on two rivers..fantastic picture..

ANYWAY :) I been thinking..I am leaving maths..your question made me think..what is realy important in life..and
I came to conclusion that I should study Greek language..my fascination with Greece has reached
boiling point...anyway I'll need your comment on grammar..after all you are a PRO..thank you FOFO :)
"What awaits each person in heaven is eternal bliss, divine rest, and ten thousand dollars cash..." - Eric Cartman

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

HELLO VALODJA LOVE !!!

SWEETIE, I PROMISE TO REPLY TO YOUR MAIL AS SOON AS I CAN. SORRY FOR KIND OF MAKING YOU WAIT. :oops: :sleep: I'LL BE IN ATHENS FOR THE WEEKEND. ACTUALLY WHAT A SHAME YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE THERE, TOO :wink: :D... A NUMBER OF THE GIRLS FROM THE GREEK FORUM ARE GOING TO HAVE A MEETING AND I'M JOINING THEM.

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND SWEETIE AND ENJOY YOURSELF :P :wink: . SEE YOU SOON :hugs:

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Hello my sweetheart Valodja!

It’s so good to talk to you again after a little while. I really missed this…

Well, I had an exhausting but absolutely terrific, beautiful weekend in Athens and I think it was one of the most wonderful weekends I had in a long time. In fact, due to this I’m suffering from a lack of sleep but I missed our conversations so much that I don’t care about my tiredness. You know something? In some way you were there in Athens, too because you were in our thoughts. I’ll explain: I stayed at Polina’s place and on Sunday morning the two of us took the bus to the centre of Athens. While we were sitting there next to each other, talking and having a bit of fun, suddenly Polina started humming the melody of “Ain’t No Sunshine”, you know the song you added at this forum’s music post and I just couldn’t resist and I started humming, too. We both knew of course that it was “your” song and I think Polina read my mind when she looked at me and laughed… :oops: :blush: :rolleyes:

My dear Valodja, I would like so much to reply to a number of things you said in your last mail but for the moment I will focus on the issue which to my feeling quite obviously is the most important and urgent one.

ANYWAY I been thinking..I am leaving maths..your question made me think..what is realy important in life..and I came to conclusion that I should study Greek language..my fascination with Greece has reached boiling point...anyway I'll need your comment on grammar..after all you are a PRO..thank you FOFO
What can I say? As a Greek I feel extremely flattered and thrilled :rolleyes: :ah: about your wish to study Greek and I also feel pleased that this decision has to do a little bit with me :oops: … I never imagined I could have this kind of influence on somebody’s way of thinking or on his decisions :blush: :sleep: … Judging from the things you expressed about Greece, your efforts to discover Greek roots in your family and your real interest and enthusiasm for this country and the language, I honestly believe that studying Greek isn’t only a great idea but definitely the right thing to do. If this gives you joy and happiness and if you feel enriched and fulfilled by Greek language, culture and history then my sweet Scorpio go for it !!! :hugs: :D

You know I never ever regretted having studied English. As long as I can remember I was always fond of everything connected with England and that I had a natural talent for the language gave me an excellent basis for the studies at university. You seem to feel the same way about Greece and so I think you will enjoy Greek studies very much. Therefore darling, I wish you the very best and all the luck in the world :kiss: :P !!!

You asked about grammar. Hhmmm… unfortunately grammar never is the easiest and most pleasant aspect :sad: :dry: of learning a foreign language but grammatical rules and principles are the essence of every language and you’re completely lost without it. Greek grammar may not be the simplest one compared with English or French etc. but with a bit of patience, good will and some effort you will be able to deal with it. You learn the grammar along with the language and you take it step by step so that you learn to apply the rules while you speak and write. To tell you the truth, I remember only very little of the Greek grammar I learned at the Greek afternoon lessons in Germany but I do remember clearly that I never had problems with it and I learned grammatical rules quickly. Like maths grammar is a set of logical rules and ideas (with these notorious exceptions) and once you understand how everything is linked with each other and how it works your brain soon will do all the operations automatically. So don’t worry about grammar. You’re a wonderfully intelligent person :wink: :blush: and I’m sure you’ll do just fine :wink: .

There’s only one little thing worrying me :unsure: . Why leaving maths for Greek? :? Can’t you do both? The reason why I’m asking is because your job perspectives with Greek are relatively limited: translating, teaching, research on academic level etc. Maths / IT might offer you better career options and of course the payment (forgive me :blush: , I know you don’t like the money issue :wacko: ) in the field of maths / IT is rather good. Then again if you’re sick and tired of maths and if you really hate it it might be wise to leave it but promise me :sleep: to think about this again and not to rush into anything…

I will comment on the other issues soon. Take care dear and bye for now.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Hello again my dear Valodja !!

I feel much better today and I’m rather happy about it because I’m able to spend my evening replying to some things you said.

So my sweet Scorpio, you’re a child of Smederevo. Is the town actually close to the Danube and can you tell me a few things about the history and what the town looks like today ? Just to give me a basic idea.

I always seeked for those who had something to say but almost allways ended with those who looked good and who were "plastic" or "heartless" (stupid a?)..
Stupid? No, just very human, very common. Oh darling… I know so well how this feels, I mean I know what it’s like trying to find the right person for you and being repeatedly disappointed and disillusioned. I’ll give you another of those lovely German sayings: “MAN MUSS VIELE FROESCHE KUESSEN, UM DEN PRINZEN ZU FINDEN” (you have to kiss many frogs to find the prince, this saying is based on this well known fairytale by the Grimm brothers, if you don’t know it tell me to explain it to you).

You know, I believe love is a very complicated thing and if fate unites you with your soul mate then you’re a very lucky person but fact is that for some strange reason so many people never find their soul mate and they end up in unhappy relations or they stay on their own throughout life with a deep painful yearning in their hearts. Seeking for the right person takes a lot of power, courage, patience and the belief in the idea that somewhere out there is your other half.

first impulse is the look and it can be very tricky...it is important but not enough...the most important is the person that is hiding under that face..
Yes, my Valodja, that’s true. Perhaps the mistake many or all of us make is to stick to the ideal image we formed in our imagination about our potential partner instead of slowly discovering and learning to appreciate and finally love another person for all he or she is able and willing to give us without asking for anything in return…
you could allways learn something new...for example how to recognize someone who is realy exceptional in this jungle that is so full of predators..
In this beautiful book “The Little Prince” by the French author Antoine de Saint-Exupиry it says “The essential is invisible for the eyes. You only see well with your heart.” Simple words but wise and beautiful.
I mean..for example..today it is so "extreme" to say that you love someone..
I don’t know but perhaps people feel rather insecure and embarrassed when they use or hear the word “love”. To say that you love somebody means that you open your heart and soul to somebody else and exposing yourself emotionally makes you vulnerable. Moreover, love is something that binds you to another person in different ways and taking on responsibility for yourself and the person you love demands from you to be strong and committed, to do everything to keep this love alive. For some people this seems to be a burden they cannot handle but in this way they miss the most precious, the most important and the most beautiful thing in life… in the end love and to be loved is the only thing that makes life worth living…
I allways say what I think or feel..no mather what..
Yeeees, I noticed that, I like it very much and it’s something I have in common with you. Sometimes I pay for my honesty and frankness but to those who have a problem with this I can only say “that’s who I am, take it or leave it!”.
so I think that in some strange way those girls have this "something positive(some even call it feeling("oh my god,he said feeling!!?"))" for me..
Perhaps you can imagine that I’m not surprised about this…
YES FOFO!! we all have this "backup" world..our own fortress to go back to..people that understan us

Hhhhmmmm… fortress… that’s a place from where you defend yourself, with massive, unconquerable walls where you lock yourself in and anyone outside that fortress is an enemy denied access to you. I think my backup world is a kind of island or oasis: peaceful, loving, warm and welcoming to all who come in friendship, a place to let yourself go and feel accepted and protected.
ha ha..OK...huh...than it is not so bad...just a process then...but..it is a very complex one..the loss of privileges is just a logical outcome...I mean it was very easy to live in system who gave the ordinary man these privileges but then again it was very hard for ordinary man to ask himself from where did that "BUENA VITA" come from..everyone spent their money..adored their beloved leader..untill one day some people in expencive clothes showed up at their doors with billions of credits to be payed up..and then chaos...and imagine..beloved leader is dead...and then all at once this "BUENA VITA" is just a tale to be told..real life is knocking at the doors
My lovely Valodja, this sounds quite angry, a bit cynical and slightly bitter… You know, my impression of people and nations in general is that human beings always try to survive in the system they live in. They may not agree with everything and they may be unhappy with a number of things but if they don’t see any way out of the system then they give in and simply try to live their little lives in their little worlds. They arrange themselves with their leaders and the general conditions and submit to it because either they are too weak to resist and they indulge in their selfish satisfaction with their own privileges or they don’t believe they can make a change. Even we who live in so-called free democratic societies enjoying the wealth and abundance of capitalism don’t really care where this wealth comes from. Isn’t it fact that our wealth is based on the poverty and the exploitation of millions of people in Asia, Africa and partly in Latin America?
well you know what they say..stupidity is unique..
Oh sweetie, I love the way you make me laugh sometimes and yes, I agree with you. Oh goodness… I’ve got tears of laughter in my eyes…
I'll probably visit all of the most important monuments..some tour or something..and to go to your lovely seaside for sure..
A tour is a brilliant way of travelling around in a country and the best way to see as much as possible. Besides if you intend to travel with a group of young people you will enjoy it even more because you’ll have someone to share your impressions and thoughts with !!

Personally, I think the Greek seaside is unique !!! Not just for a swim. Spend the evenings there to watch the sun set. You’ll be enchanted by the colours and this magnificent performance of nature…

SKY IS OUR BORDER!!
:P :D :wink: :rolleyes: :hugs:
there are thousands of interesting stories that are related to Belgrade's history..it is the city that reminds me of some flower..it is the most beautiful in spring..and plus it is placed on two rivers..fantastic picture..
Darling, you’re tempting me… this sounds so lovely that I get into travelling mood. I would really love to see all this with my own eyes and spring is always a perfect season for trips like that… hhmm let’s see what happens…
my fascination with Greece has reached boiling point...
ha ha ha ha ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :ah: :ah: …. oooooohhh sweetest :hugs: , I’m trying to imagine you almost literally boiling with fascination… :blush: God I cannot stop giggling… :tongue: BE CAREFUL LOVE, DON'T BURN YOURSELF :wink: :oops: :blush: !!!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
stimpy
Контактная информация:

HI THERE FOFO DEAR : )

“Well, I had an exhausting but absolutely terrific, beautiful weekend in Athens and I think it was one of the most wonderful weekends I had in a long time.”
Oh am really glad you girls had a great time : ) ..you deserved it!! : )

“In fact, due to this I’m suffering from a lack of sleep but I missed our conversations so much that I don’t care about my tiredness.”
That is so sweet..you are a real warior FOFO!! Your will is really impressive..

“While we were sitting there next to each other, talking and having a bit of fun, suddenly Polina started humming the melody of “Ain’t No Sunshine” “
oh..yes I love that song..I heard it for the first time when I was watching “Nothing hill”..

“We both knew of course that it was “your” song and I think Polina read my mind when she looked at me and laughed…”
well I am glad I made you laugh girls : )

“I also feel pleased that this decision has to do a little bit with me … I never imagined I could have this kind of influence on somebody’s way of thinking or on his decisions …”
you made a simple question,a reasonable one..and it made me think..”If this gives you joy and happiness and if you feel enriched and fulfilled by Greek language, culture and history then my sweet Scorpio go for it !!! “ yes that is the point..I it realy gives me joy..and you made me remember how it feels..thank you : )

“You seem to feel the same way about Greece and so I think you will enjoy Greek studies very much. Therefore darling, I wish you the very best and all the luck in the world !!! “
oh..thank you very much dear..it means so much to me.. : ) and thank you for you comment on the grammar issue..

“There’s only one little thing worrying me.” Don’t worry..I know what my perspectives are with Greek language…BUT I love it so..I live once and I want to be happy.. ; )

“Then again if you’re sick and tired of maths and if you really hate it it might be wise to leave it but promise me to think about this again and not to rush into anything…”
yes you are right my dear..I am sick and tired of it and I realy want to enjoy something I do..OK I promice,I’’ll think again but… : ) ; ) : ) I did it for 1000 times…

PS this was reply no1..I'll reply this second letter a.s.a.p. I promise : )

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

MY DARLING VALODJA :),
PS this was reply no1..I'll reply this second letter a.s.a.p. I promise : )
THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE WITH ME LOVE :kiss: . PLEASE, TAKE YOUR TIME IF YOU'RE BUSY AT THE MOMENT. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! :)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

My dear Valodja,

I apologize for getting back to you so soon again but please don’t be mad at me. I read your mail some time after midnight and something in it gave me no peace…

Don’t worry..I know what my perspectives are with Greek language…BUT I love it so..I live once and I want to be happy..

yes you are right my dear..I am sick and tired of it and I realy want to enjoy something I do..OK I promice,I’’ll think again but… : ) ; ) : ) I did it for 1000 times…
Oh my precious Valodja… I want you to be happy, too with what you do… I feel a bit uneasy ‘cause I fear I annoyed you a little with my worry… Love I didn’t mean to. I said this because I didn’t know that you’ve been thinking about this for a longer time and I didn’t realize you actually feel so strong about this. I simply wanted to make sure that you don’t rush into anything, regretting it afterwards.

My dear Valodja, if maths has been torturing you emotionally so much, then yes leave it ‘cause otherwise it’ll make you ill in the long run. You know, I gave up teaching because it burned me out, it consumed all my powers and in the end I would have collapsed completely if I hadn’t found the courage to quit. I don’t want this to happen to you…

Job perspectives… perhaps relatively limited but possibly rather interesting after all: how about tourism or journalism? Both require communication with people and you definitely have this lovely ability.
That is so sweet..you are a real warior FOFO!! Your will is really impressive..
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I’m not sure if I deserve this compliment :blush: because sometimes the emotional / psychogical weakness is stronger than I am but thank you so much for saying this beautiful thing :oops: :blush: … well, reflecting on the meeting in Athens… the most 8 hours of sleep in 3 nights and 1000 km in 2 days for my wonderful Greek “sisters” plus a coherent, sensible comment on your study plans (that was a pleasure !!! :wink: )… I only do such things for very special people…
well I am glad I made you laugh girls
It was laughter of pleasure ‘cause it felt good to have you with us in our thoughts !!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Ответить