CULTURE, ART,LITERATURE, LANGUAGE, HISTORY, NEWS AND MORE...

Let's go off-top!

Модераторы: English Admin, Модераторы

OREOK

CULTURE, ART,LITERATURE, LANGUAGE, HISTORY, NEWS AND MORE...

Непрочитанное сообщение OREOK »

Ana,

I DECIDED TO OPEN THIS POST BECAUSE I LIKED YOUR QUESTION ON THE DIFFERENCES / COMMON FEATURES OF THE UKRAINIAN AND THE RUSSIAN LANGUAGE AND I SUPPOSE THAT THERE MIGHT BE OTHER PEOPLE, TOO WHO EXCEPT BEING MAD ABOUT DANYA :oops: :P :D ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN CULTURAL ISSUES.

AT THE GREEK FORUM WE HAVE A SIMILAR POST - SINCE DANYA ENTERED OUR LIFES OUR INTEREST IN RUSSIA (AND ITS NEIGHBOURS) INCREASED CONSIDERABLY :wink: :roll: - AND THERE WE COLLECTED AN IMPRESSIVE AMOUNT OF VERY GOOD MATERIAL. SO I HOPE THAT THIS POST WILL BE USEFUL TO MANY OF US.

So in this context, here is something interesting. Tonight, on German TV, in a weekly culture magazine there was a report on the GREAT-GREAT-GRANDDAUGHTER OF LEO TOLSTOY. Her name is Victoria Tolstoy (I'm sure you'll find her in the internet through google) and she is Swedish, living in Stockholm. She's 30 years old and a successful, well known jazz singer. Her husband is a fashion designer but he also writes song lyrics for her which she likes very much. Her father was also a jazz musician.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
jelena

Непрочитанное сообщение jelena »

Oreok! You’re brilliant!!!
I share the opinion, topic like this is definitely needed here.
No matter what the words we type say, after all, we are all joined here because of the very existence of Daniil Strahov!!!
He, he Daniil has caused one huuuuuge chain reaction…..

:wub:
Последний раз редактировалось jelena Вт 31 май 2005, 00:37, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Things fall down. People look up. And when it rains, it pours.
mag-no'li-a

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение Poisy »

Nice topic, Oreok;))
now as we've come to language differences.
Let me note that both in Russian and Ukrainian (as well as in Slovak if I'm not mistaken) we add -a or -aya to the last name so as to indicate the female gender.
for instance -
Tolstoy - male
TolstAYA - female;))
:wink:
The rule does not apply to allt he name, of course but thats one of the most common grammar rules here;))

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Ana

Непрочитанное сообщение Ana »

This really is a great topic :) . I am interested in differences between Ukrainian and Russian language because my neighbour is from Ukraine, so I thought that, if languages are quite similar, he could help me with my Russian.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

If you're only worrying about translation, so dont, because all Ukrainians speak fluently both Russian and Ukrainian, no worries;))
Russian and Ukrainian have similar grammar, lots of common words (with a slight difference in pronounciation), but they differ like.. say, Spanish and Portugese.

But all Ukrainian are absolutely indifferent which language to speak.. On the other hand, Russians do not understand Ukrainian completely...
(heh heh nice to be Ukrainian girl;))))))) I fluently speak three languages;)))))

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Непрочитанное сообщение oreok »

Yippeeeee !!!

I'm soooo pleased :D that this post quite obviously meets your needs and interests. Enjoy it everybody !!!! :wink:

This is a very nice and practical way for me, too to learn lots of things which otherwise I would have to look up in encyclopeadias and other books and you all know that learnig directly from people is much more successful and exciting than reading hundreds of pages.

Poisy, I hope you're moving on well with your exam preparations. Good luck and patience dear !!! :wink:

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

This extremely exciting conversation will be transferred HERE

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Гость

Непрочитанное сообщение Гость »

Well well well, so this lot has OVERTAKEN the daniil market eh?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

Well ladies u gotta be a little less ehmm greedy, there’s many of us who think danya’s precious self deserves plenty more attention ya know?! For instance did anyone take the personal body lotion position? I don’t think so!!! So its MINEEEEEEEEEE lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what about danya’s hair brush? :P Well I can let go of that one for the body lotion bit lol humm let me think what else what else… emm what about lip palm huh? :idea: I’ll take that as well , and since jeleena wants the toothbrush job I’ll accept something like tongue masseuse ( no hands though) just my tongue :wink: :wink: lol ok I think we’ve all gone nuts and to think poisy got to see him live with those wild thoughts !! If I were u girl I don’t know how I could’ve controlled my self being within touch distance of this beautiful man yikes
:shock: :shock: :wink:

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

FOOTBALL NEWS !!!!! (QUALIFYING MATCHES FOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2006)

CONGRETULATIONS TO THE UKRANIAN FOOTBALL TEAM !!!!! :D :wink:

WOW GUYS !! WITH TODAY' S 2:0 VICTORY AGAINST KAZAKHSTAN THE UKRANIAN TEAM GAINED THEMSELVES ANOTHER 3 POINTS AND SO NOW THEY'RE LEADING THEIR GROUP HAVING ACCUMULATED 20 POINTS. THAT'S DEFINITELY AN EXCELLENT RESULT.

THE GREEK TEAM PLAYING TURKEY 0:0 (IN THE SAME GROUP WITH UKRAINE) MANAGED TODAY TO KEEP THEIR POSITION (2ND AFTER UKRAINE) IN THE GROUP. OUR BOYS WERE LUCKY !!!!! :roll:

WELL, ON WEDNESDAY OUR / THE GREEK TEAM WILL BE FACING UKRAINE.... :o TO BE HONEST, I'M NOT REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS MATCH :oops: BECAUSE THE UKRAINIAN TEAM IS REALLY VERY GOOD (ANDREY SHEVTCHENKO :wub: IS ALMOST UNBEATABLE :blush: ) AND IT'LL BE TOUGH WORK FOR OUR BOYS :o :D NEVERTHELESS, I HOPE WE'LL SEE A GOOD, FAIR MATCH, COMMITMENT FROM BOTH TEAMS AND I'M SURE THERE'LL BE A WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE IN THE STADIUM. THE MATCH WILL BE TAKING PLACE IN GREECE.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

Oreok, honey, thanks for congrats;)))))

I've been coming back home when all the fans were released from the Olympic sadium after the match and oh my! you may only guess what was happening there!!!

Me is a football fan;)))
and a personal fan of Sheva (of course!!)

hope we all will have a good match next time;)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Ooooops, I remembered something else ! (addition to football news)

On Wednesday, too Russia is facing Germany. I believe the Russians will win because I saw the last matches of the German team and they are not really the strongest team. German football has been experiencing a sort of crisis for a relatively long time now and the team is fairly young and shows weaknesses. So, I guess it'll be easier for the Russians than for the Germans.

By the way: In the new coming football season, Dynamo Moscow will have a new player. Actually, it's one of our boys: Giourkas Seitaridis who is finishing his time in Portugal. Hope, everybody in Moscow will enjoy him on the football field and good luck and lots of success to our boy !!!!!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
jelena

Непрочитанное сообщение jelena »

…unfortunately, never been much of a football fan, :(
:rolleyes: ,strangely, but one get an impression that in my country people breathe and live only for basketball …

anyway , I wanted to ask you something else

I wonder.. :rolleyes:
Has anyone ever seen old Russian film called “Tabor uhodit v nebo”,
here it was translated- “Gypsies fly to the skies” ,it can be also found as “Gipsy Camp disappears in the skies” ?

It was filmed in 1975(or 76) and as a curiosity leading female role was played by Svetlana Toma (Siciha from BN). Screenplay is based on Maksim Gorky`s (another great Russian writer) stories. It is really moving story, one of my favorites when it comes to “love”, ” freedom “, “eternal”, and beautifuuul unforgettable music!!!!
Things fall down. People look up. And when it rains, it pours.
mag-no'li-a

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

jelena писал(а): I wonder.. :rolleyes:
Has anyone ever seen old Russian film called “Tabor uhodit v nebo”,
here it was translated- “Gypsies fly to the skies” ,it can be also found as “Gipsy Camp disappears in the skies” ?

It was filmed in 1975(or 76) and as a curiosity leading female role was played by Svetlana Toma (Siciha from BN).
If you girls are truly devoted fans of Nastya, you'd definitely remember that locket Vova found after his father's death... I'm sure you DO rememeber the moment of his grief and mourning by the dead father's bed when Vladimir spotted that locket with the female image inside. And if you look closer you'll see the picture of Sichiha, BUT!!!!! the picture was taken from “Gypsies fly to the skies” movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
zoubou

Непрочитанное сообщение zoubou »

And if you look closer you'll see the picture of Sichiha
I have a question on that!.
When Vova saw the picture he said -addressing to his dead father- "You lied tome, you told me you got her out of our lives"

but in a previous episode when Pavlina makes a "moove" on Ivan Ivanovits and being extremely friendly with him and baron sends her away and then opens the locket and talks to the picture saying something like "They think I forgot about you, no one can separate us " and things like that.
This means that Ivan Ivanovits had a love affair with his wife's sister ?
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.
--Louis L'Amour

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

zoubou писал(а): This means that Ivan Ivanovits had a love affair with his wife's sister ?
We may only guess..
BUT!! If you ask me - my wild guess is that it simply means Amedia's screenwriters are complete jerks holding no particular plot in their heads up until the moment the current episode is being shot :rolleyes:

In our Russian BN forum we've made lots of assumptions about that particular moment... Some fanfics were speculating that Sychiha was in fact Vova's true mother.. Which means Ivan Ivanovitch was even more of a monster than he seemed to be in the series (because he WAS a monster with regard to his own son, let alone his alcohol addiction :lol: heh heh heh)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Ответить