CULTURE, ART,LITERATURE, LANGUAGE, HISTORY, NEWS AND MORE...

Let's go off-top!

Модераторы: English Admin, Модераторы

Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение Poisy »

I have no idea.. sorry... you're sure he's Ukrainian??? Thats not the Ukrainian name for 15th entury... more like ancient times... like 11th or 12th centuries....

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Teuta
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение Teuta »

Oh, really? I'm not sure he is Ukrainian, but there is some connection between Ukrainians and him (something about printing first books in Ukrainian language) . Prof. E. Pashchenko from Kiev writes about him. It's really important to me to be informed what's correct version of his name and nickname too.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение Poisy »

OKAY!! As I said, this takes us back to 11th century, Kiev Rus'. Святополк Окаянный or Svyatopolk the Damned (or Cursed), the son of Vladimir Yaroslavovich (Владимир Ярославович). He gained this nickname because he killed three brothers to get the crown of Kiev Rus'.

here's the link (in Russian)
http://subscribe.ru/archive/day.this/20 ... 22801.text

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Teuta
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение Teuta »

Thanks, Poisy, but I ask myself is it my man. The printing-press was contrived in 15th century, so... There are some indications that he's Pole. Thanks anway. Perhaps Google can help me.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Непрочитанное сообщение oreok »

I AM ROMANTIC YOU KNOW, READY TO MAKE ANY KIND OF FOOLISHNESS FOR LOVE. (DANYA)

A WOMAN KNOWS THE FACE OF THE MAN SHE LOVES AS A SAILOR KNOWS THE OPEN SEA (HONORE DE BALZAC)

THE ARTIST VOCATION IS TO SEND LIGHT INTO THE HUMAN HEART (GEORGE SAND)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

OOOOOOOPS... I MUST CORRECT THE FIRST LINK I GAVE YOU FOR BALZAC (I DO APOLOGIZE :oops: :oops: )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balzac

A WOMAN KNOWS THE FACE OF THE MAN SHE LOVES AS A SAILOR KNOWS THE OPEN SEA (HONORE DE BALZAC)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

SOME TIME AGO I ADDED SOME LINKS WHICH DEAL WITH MOSCOW.

NOW IT'S THE TURN OF SAINT PETERSBURG.

BOTH TOWNS ARE WORTH A VISIT GIRLS !!!!

ST. PETERSBURG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petersburg

http://www.peterlink.ru/spb/index_eng.html

http://www.venues.spb.ru/spb/

http://www.cityvision2000.com/city_tour/

http://www.saint-petersburg.com/

http://www.300.spb.ru/history/index_en.htm

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
jelena

Непрочитанное сообщение jelena »

oreok!!!

Although those are great sites, holding very important information about Peterburg,[I checked them out! :wink:]
don’t miss this one !!!!

http://www.hermitagemuseum.org

primarily if u `re art/architecture devotee
`cause u will just love it :ah:
and by all means take the virtual tour trough the palace, so u will be able to see how it all looked like, The Winter Palace in 1840s,and of course real Aleksandr’s , Princess’s , Tsar’s rooms and furniture :wink:
and the rest of the Hermitage’s treasure
that is really, but really amazing :ah:

also, I haven’t seen this link among all those, and I found it quite helpful due to all information is collected in one place

http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/classics/rus ... sianlinks/
Things fall down. People look up. And when it rains, it pours.
mag-no'li-a

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

WOOOOOOW JELENA !!!!

I HAD A LOOK AT BOTH SITES YOU ADDED HERE AND IT'S ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC AND ADDICTIVE MATERIAL. YOU CAN ACTUALLY SPEND WEEKS AT THOSE LINKS :wink: :P :D . BRILLIANT !!!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

HELLO MY GOOD ONES !!!

I saw something today on the early afternoon news of the Greek TV channel ET3 (the headquarters are here in Thessaloniki and much of the news and programmes of ET3 are about this town) which I just must tell you about. Unfortunately, I did not see the whole report but I think I got the most important bits.

This morning a group - I think ca. 100 - of orphan kids (aged 9 – 17) from 8 different St. Petersburg orphanages arrived at “MAKEDONIA AIRPORT” (I just live approximately a 40 minute car drive from that airport !!!). The kids and the Russian people who look after them, were invited by something like a Greek – European project group or institution cooperating with the local Russian Consulate and town institutions to spend a two-week holiday at a Greek holiday camp.

Oh folks, I’m telling you I’m sooo pleased about this news. I believe it’s going to be a wonderful and memorable experience for those kids who God knows deserve a break from all the things we cannot imagine they’ve been through and are still going through so early in their lives…. You should have seen them when some of them were asked by the really nice Greek journalist how they felt about being here and the young Russian interpreter (such a pretty lady) who translated their answers said that it was their very first visit to Greece (probably the very first journey to a foreign country as I believe) and they hoped to have a nice stay here and to get to know the country. I guess it’ a very polite and kind of standard answer but my feeling was that these kids answered with their hearts. Oh my goodness, you were able to see from the expression in their faces how curious, puzzled and excited they were… some seemed to be a bit intimidated and insecure (naturally, being in a completely new, foreign environment).

I am sure they will have a fantastic time here and I very much hope that the Greek personnel caring for them at the camp will treat them with special kindness and warmth. I wish those kids all the very best and that this summer holiday will relieve their hearts, souls and minds. WELCOME AND HAVE A TERRIFIC TIME IN GREECE !!!!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
jelena

Непрочитанное сообщение jelena »

:D beautiful story, oreok :wink: :rolleyes: really!!!

this might interest someone …
maybe :rolleyes:

if u by any chance understand russian and have rtr-planeta satellite channel, …on july 30th u could watch last year’s film “Своя чужая жизнь” , directed by Aleksandr Rogozhkin - man who is behind Danya`s latest film “The Transfer” :wink:

…Idon`t know… :rolleyes: it could be interesting to get to know Rogozhkin`s work better, while waiting for the Transfer :rolleyes: :wink:
Things fall down. People look up. And when it rains, it pours.
mag-no'li-a

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

RESTORED MAIL SENT 6 AUGUST 2005

DEAR FORUM LADIES AND GENTLEMAN,

HOPING FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND IF YOU ALLOW ME KINDLY, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A FEW WORDS ON AN ISSUE WHICH IS PAINFULLY SAD AND DEEPLY DEPRESSING BUT I THINK THAT AS HUMAN BEINGS CLAIMING TO HAVE A CONSCIENCE AND LIVING IN A PART OF THE WORLD WHERE WE ARE FREE TO EXPRESS OURSELVES ON ANY SIGNIFICANT ISSUE CONCERNING OUR WORLD AND LIVES, WE JUST CANNOT IGNORE A DAY LIKE THIS.

HIROSHIMA: 6 AUGUST 1945 – 6 AUGUST 2005

ON THIS DAY, IN THE MORNING HOURS, 60 YEARS AGO, THE WORLD WITNESSED ONE OF THE MOST HORRIBLE, BARBARIC ATROCITIES IN HUMAN HISTORY: HIROSHIMA AND THREE DAYS LATER NAGASAKI WERE UTTERLY DESTROYED BY AMERICAN NUCLEAR BOMBS. WITHIN SECONDS THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF COMPLETELY INNOCENT PEOPLE WERE CRUELLY KILLED. IN THE DAYS FOLLOWING THE DETONATIONS NUMBERLESS PEOPLE DIED FROM SEVERE BURNS. A HUGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE DIED FROM THE EFFECTS OF THE NUCLEAR RAIN THEY HAD DRUNK IN THEIR DESPERATE CRAVING FOR WATER AND MANY MORE DIED WEEKS, MONTHS AND YEARS LATER FROM THE DESTRUCTIVE EFFECTS OF RADIOACTIVITY ON THE CELLS AND IMMUNE SYSTEM OF THEIR BODIES. THE OVERALL NUMBER OF VICTIMS IS ESTIMATED AROUND 300.000…

TODAY JAPAN AND ALL THE WORLD WILL BE PAYING RESPECT TO THE MEMORY OF THE VICTIMS AND ALL OF US WILL BE REMINDED OF OUR RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTY NOT TO ALLOW SUCH A CRIME TO HAPPEN EVER AGAIN.

FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS MANY TV STATIONS HAVE BEEN BROADCASTING VERY GOOD DOCUMENTARIES ON THIS HUGE TOPIC WHERE A NUMBER OF SURVIVORS WERE SO KIND TO TELL THEIR STORIES DESCRIBING A HELL A HUMAN BRAIN IS INCAPABLE TO IMAGINE…

SIX DECADES AFTER HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI, PERSONALLY I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR ANY COUNTRY OR FOR ANY GOVERNMENT TO USE KNOWLEDGE AND DO RESEARCH ON NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY FOR WAR PURPOSES.

WHAT HAPPENED IN JAPAN WAS MONSTROUS, UNFORGETTABLE AND UNFORGIVABLE. FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, IN THE 21ST CENTURY IT’S AN INSANE, CRIMINAL ACT TO PRODUCE, PROMOTE, SELL AND ACQUIRE NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

THE ONLY TRUE WEALTH AND THE GREATEST POWER OF ALL ARE PEACE, LOVE, RESPECT AND FREEDOM !!!!!!!! WHAT’S SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS?

FOR DETAILED INFORMATION AND REPORTS OF SURVIVORS GO TO THIS SITE:

http://chnm.gmu.edu/courses/122/hiro/hi ... frame.html

TO THE MEMORY OF THE VICTIMS AND MAY THE FUTURE BE PEACEFUL AND SAFE FOR ALL

JOHN LENNON : “IMAGINE”

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
stimpy
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение stimpy »

WE MUST NOT IGNORE PAIN AND SUFFERING OF OTHER PEOPLE (ABOUT 70% OF AMERICANS FEEL THAT
IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO) AND THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ATROCITIES OF ANY KIND.WE MUST
FIGHT THE OPINION THAT JUDGES PEOPLE BY THEIR RACE,RELIGION OR ANY OTHER DIFERENCE
BECAUSE IT BREEDS ANGER AND HATE AND AT FINAL POINT IT RESULTS WITH MASSIVE TRAGEDIES
AS THIS ONE.WE MUST NOT FORGET OUR HISTORY BECAUSE THERE IS A PART OF FUTURE IN IT AND
THE FUTURE IS SOMETHING WE CAN CHANGE IF WE WANT.DO WE? BECAUSE IF WE DO THERE IS NO
WEAPON OR WAR THAT WILL PROVE THAT WE ARE RIGHT!MISTAKE, THERE IS ONE OTHER WEAPON,OUR VOICE,
THE STRONGEST OF THEM ALL..AND THE DAY WE ALL WIN OUR RIGHT TO FREELY SAY WHAT WE THINK
WILL BE THE DAY WHEN THESE KIND OF TRAGEDIES WILL TRULY BE OUR PAST..SO AM JOINING OREOK
IN HER WISHES WITH ONE MORE SONG :)

SCORPIONS - WIND OF CHANGE LYRICS

I follow the Moskva / down to Gorky
Parklistening to the wind of change
An August-summernight, / soldiers passing by
listening to the wind of change.
The world is closing in, / did you ever think
that we could be so close, like it brothers?
The future’s in the air / I can feel it everywhere
blowing with the wind of change.
Take me to the magic of the moment on a glory night,where the children of tomorrow dream away
in the wind of change.
Walking down the street. / Distant memories
ate burried in the past forever.
I follow the Moskva / down to Gorky Park
listening to the wind of change
Take me to the magic of the moment on a glory night,where the children of tomorrow share their dream
swith you and me. / Take ma to the magic...
The wind of changeblows straight into the face of time,
like a stormwind that will ring the
freedom bell / for peace of mind.
Let your Balalaika singwhat my guitar wants to say
Take me to the magic...
"What awaits each person in heaven is eternal bliss, divine rest, and ten thousand dollars cash..." - Eric Cartman

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Dear Valodja !!!!

These are absolutely beautiful, true words and thank you soooo much for them !!!!!!

WE MUST FIGHT THE OPINION THAT JUDGES PEOPLE BY THEIR RACE,RELIGION OR ANY OTHER DIFERENCE
BECAUSE IT BREEDS ANGER AND HATE AND AT FINAL POINT IT RESULTS WITH MASSIVE TRAGEDIES
AS THIS ONE.
Please, dear allow me to add the following quotation:

"Racism? But isn't it only a form of misanthropy?"

The person who said this is Joseph Brodsky.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

HELLO SWEETIES :P ,

GUESS WHAT :) ! TODAY VLADIMIR PUTIN IS COMING ON AN OFFICIAL TWO DAY VISIT TO GREECE AND THOUGH I MUST CONFESS THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL POLITICAL ISSUES CONCERNING THINGS IN RUSSIA WHICH REALLY DESERVE TO BE CRITICIZED, I DO FEEL THRILLED AND EXCITED ABOUT THIS VISIT.

MR PUTIN IS ACTUALLY COMING TO THESSALONIKI AND TO MY KNOWLEDGE THIS IS PROBABLY THE VERY FIRST TIME THAT THIS TOWN WHERE I LIVE (!!! :wink: :P ) IS VISITED BY A RUSSIAN PRESIDENT. SO YOU CAN BE SURE I WILL BE LISTENING TO AND WATCHING CAREFULLY THE LOCAL NEWS !!!

I DON'T KNOW YET WHAT MR PUTIN AND THE GREEK PRESIDENT KARAMANLIS ACTUALLY INTEND TO DISCUSS BUT WHATEVER IT IS I VERY MUCH HOPE THEIR MEETING WILL HAVE A GOOD RESULT FOR BOTH SIDES.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Ответить