DANYA'S PREVIOUS WORK: ANYTHING YOU'RE DESPERATE TO KNOW !!!

Chatting about Danya

Модераторы: English Admin, Модераторы

oreok

DANYA'S PREVIOUS WORK: ANYTHING YOU'RE DESPERATE TO KNOW !!!

Непрочитанное сообщение oreok »

POISY'S SUGGESTION IS QUITE GOOD !!!!!!

SO, LADIES AROUND THE GLOBE :D , ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO

KNOW ABOUT DANYA'S PREVIOUS WORK, WHETHER IT IS FILMS,

SERIALS, THEATER, CINEMA... JUST ANYTHING :wink: , FEEL FREE TO ASK

QUESTIONS OR GIVE INFO AT THIS POST :) .

1) CONCERNING ZOUBOU'S QUESTION ON "ARTHURO" I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS, TOO....

2) IF YOU DON'T MIND, I WOULD BE PLEASED, TOO IF YOU WERE ABLE

TO GIVE SOME INFO ON A FILM (BASED ON ATRUE STORY ?) DANYA

MADE A WHILE AGO IN WHICH HE PLAYED A MAN CALLED "CHICATILO"

(I'm not sure about the spelling) WHO I THINK WAS A MASS MURDERER.

IN ONE OF THE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE AT THIS SITE I THINK HE

SAID HE WAS NOT VERY FOND OF THIS ROLE AND THAT IT WAS A

TOUGH EXPERIENCE FOR HIM BECAUSE THE WHOLE STORY WAS

SOMETHING LIKE A MONOLOGUE / "ONE MAN SHOW" AND SO ALL THE

RESPONSIBILITY WAS LOADED ON HIS SHOULDERS.

a) what exactly is the story about and in when was the film released?

b) what motivated him to play such a difficult and controversial personality? who directed the film?

c) was it a successful film in Russia ? (financially and personally for his career)

THANKS A MILLION IN ADVANCE !!!!! :wink: :D

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
zoubou

Непрочитанное сообщение zoubou »

Good idea Poisy !

Ok let me repeat my question then :wink:

I'll start with the TV series "Arthuro".

What's the story about ?
What's Danya's part in that series ? What is he supposed to be ?
Did the actor that played Zaba in BN also had a part in " Arthuro" cos I think I saw him too in the video that I've downloaded :roll:
SOME INFO ON A FILM (BASED ON ATRUE STORY ?) DANYA

MADE A WHILE AGO IN WHICH HE PLAYED A MAN CALLED "CHICATILO"
I was under the impression that "Chicatilo' was a theatrical play
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.
--Louis L'Amour

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение Poisy »

Okay, Arthuro... is a really awkward film... It's not a popuar movie you see... To tell you the truth, I never managed to watch it from th beginning to theend... It's kind of grotesque art work, and right Alexander Filippenko (aka Zaba :wink: ) has got the leading part there.

Danya's role is tiny and :wink: kind of ... gay :) He's the favourite of that fat man, shows up just for a couple of minutes there and... well... there's so much make-up on his pretty face that we could hardly tell it was him;) (apart from those divine eyes of his that could never be messed with something lse heheheheh).

But it was his first TV role, that's why we couldn't miss or ignore it;))) but i'm not fond of that kind of movies, and since Danya's part was that tiny I never watched it entirely :oops:

I doubt there was any success in Russia for this movie... because that's not kind of movie you watch in a cinema with popcorn in the hand;)

Chicatilo is a really theatrical play, that's right.

Chicatilo was a horrible maniac, a real person, his name even has become as a noun for all maniacs... He's been slying young girls...

Right, it was a monologue-play, that's why Danya took it hard... You know, swearing and desiring little girls (even if you pretend to) for a couple of months the play was on is not an easy thing to live with... It took Danya lots of work and concentration to get deeper into Chicatilo's essence, to walk in his shoues. He said he was terrified, cos one day he cought himself looking at a small gil on the street, and..
That's why he considers this play among his toughest and hardest works.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
zoubou

Danya's role is tiny and kind of ... gay
Yeap......I thought so too :roll:

Didn't like it either (at least from that small part I saw on video).To be honest I don't like grotesque art work. I'm more of regular art type :wink:
It took Danya lots of work and concentration to get deeper into Chicatilo's essence, to walk in his shoues
The poor thing I can only imagine what he went through during this period. Well I had a friend in Thessaloniki (the city in which I did my studies) who was in a theatrical school.You know till that moment I thought that being an actor was very easy. Apparently I was wrong! We talked a lot about that profession and I saw many things that made me understand how difficult profession it is and how much work it requires.....
I remember her telling me about an actor who (what a coincidence :shock: ) also played a maniac on stage and he needed 2 -3 hours everytime after the show in order to feel normal again. He was so influenced by his part.......
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.
--Louis L'Amour

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

zoubou писал(а): Didn't like it either (at least from that small part I saw on video).
You may say; from the WHOLE part of Danya:))) yup, his role was THAT small :wink:

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
I_Adore_U

Непрочитанное сообщение I_Adore_U »

helloooo ladies!!!

how u all doing, its been a while.. I cant believe I'm done with exams finally woooohooo :P

ok back to the topic :lol: let me just say, what a SUPERBLEY EXCELLENT IDEA :idea: :idea: :idea: thanks poisy :)

I was dying for a topic like this!! especially since u girls are our only window to the WORLD OF DANIIL :!:

let me just start with a very tiny understatment... we all envy ur a$$es :evil: I mean how many of us here would walk to the moon and back just to feel danya breath next to her, smell his perfume :wink: look deep into those gorgeous eyes :shock: lol, can u all imagine????? :shock: I'm telling u poisy what ever u've done in life it was allright since u get this cool job where u get to talk to someone as amazing as daniil 8) 8) the little awkward thing is .. people like him are so NOT INTO their looks and the mania they are causing that it hurts :cry: and let me just clarify here its not just the looks but they do play quite a considrable role since thats the first thing u notice about someone, and as he has mentioned in the new interview( a smashingly cool interview that was) he is not a slave for his looks.. what a balanced person smart beautiful curtious wiseeeeeeeeee and dignified 8) I also find the bit about his privatness so charming.. a man who likes to keep a part of himself locked and reserved to only those whom he trusts the most and loves dearly is a man who deserves much respect 8)

so ya this topic is just wayyy too great, since obsession by defintion is thinking wanting desiring and lusting after someone so damn much to the point where u would want to sit and watch him/her sleep :!: yikes people are a weird species lol :lol: :lol: :lol: in the end we are people so ladadeeda :wink: the only thing I feel bad about is poisy has to be the one supplying almost every peice of info in this topic not that she might mind :?: :D but I hope it wont be too much trouble :wink:

I have like a bazzilion questions but I will pass by on later since I'm still dead from studying :evil: so u guys have a great time and talk to u soon :D
I adore you, adore everything about you, your glorious face your mesmerizing smile ... and your eyes!!! To look in them; I can simply see myself!!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
zoubou

I mean how many of us here would walk to the moon and back just to feel danya breath next to her, smell his perfume look deep into those gorgeous eyes
Yeap honey, you express the common desire of all of us :tongue:

What about the series "Budem Znakomy" ?
Danay is pretty different there (I mean his acting). He is way better now there's no doubt about that. His acting is much more mature ( if you understand what I'm trying to say).

But to be honest from all the works of Danya that I've watched I think that the one who thrilled me (at least by the videos I downloaded and saw) was his part in "Platonov". I swear to you girls, even though I didn't understand a single word, I was so mooved in the scene where he is stubbed and dying. He is an amazing actor and it is a pity to be known only for his looks ( although his beauty is breath- taking :wub: )
--Louis L'Amour

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

Okay, 'Budem Znakomy' is the TV series... We only got.. say, 6 episodes out of 12... yup, because we missed the premier (how could we possibly know THEN that cutie boy would have become our Sweetie????), and we half-missed the rewind.. (we got the tape from the girls in Belarus, and they were not sure if it was the right TV series, blah blah..)

His role is much of the cutie-pretty-never-miss-a-single-woman-boy, nothing really serious, he's flirting with a girl, gets her pregnant and then drops her out... He's flirting with his best friend's girlfriend and dumps her eventually as you may guess... This is the role the directors fell for his pretty face never expecting much of him, never giving a damn if the boy had something behind this...

But! At least we could see his pretty face again;)))

Platonov is a serious work, one of Daniil's absolutely favourite;))) Let me start on this one another day, I'm a bit tired tonight, okay?

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
zoubou

Platonov is a serious work, one of Daniil's absolutely favourite
Really ? Well I did a little internet research on this play and people refer to it as the play "without a tiltle" and that most of the times the play is called "Platonov" by it's leading caracter which I presume is Danya's part :wink:

What about "Brigada" ? I've heard that it was a big success in Russia right ? :)

Poisy honey I'm sorry if you're tired and fed up by my questions but it's a bit difficult to understand the plot of a series or a play or whatever when you don't understand nothing more than " spasiba, da, niet, dobre utra and spakoni noch ' :lol:

Answer when you'll have the time or feel like it :wink:
--Louis L'Amour

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Zoubou, you again (ha ha)... :lol: :wink: :shock:

this girl is again a step ahead of me :D :wink: :tongue: .

I wanted to ask about the characters and plot of "Brigada", too and of course I would like to know what character Danya played.

Yes, Poisy dear, take a rest and relax a little. I can well imagine that you must be terribly tired and exhausted.... you had your exams, you spend the nights with us here and there is also the Russian KPDS... honey you're really busy :roll: :wink: :P .

You will probably beg for mercy but if you have time enough and feel fine, can you tell me perhaps some things about this series Danya made called something like "Children of Arbata" (I'm neither sure about title nor about spelling... I apologize). His role there seemed to be a relatively big one. What kind of person was he playing and what was the whole story about? I also had the impression from the videos online that this series was kind of different in a way that it was not just good entertainment but rather a more serious and artistic work.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
jelena

Непрочитанное сообщение jelena »

Hm :rolleyes:
Let me see what I know of these serials…..of course don`t expect much :lol: , some facts in general :rolleyes:
Deti Arbata ---deti as children , Arbata ---of Arbat (part of Moscow, remember ML used to decorate flats in Old Arbat :lol: :lol: )

This one is certainly more serious one! The plot is based on novel (precisely three novels) of writer called Anatoliy Rybakov. It is mini-series, that tells a story of young generation in 1930s in Russia. It is time of Stalin and everything that goes with it……..
Danill wanted to play some other role(I think it was leading male role) but he was chosen for the role of Yuriy Sharok. This character is complete villain in the novel . But in the serial they made him just a man motivated and defeated by his own weaknesses.and danya gave him such a charm ..:rolleyes:
Danya said that was his first big role, the kind he dreamt of. Although Rybakov is not Tolstoy, and the story is not a masterpiece, they had a good director, he seemed pretty much satisfied with this project. He also said in one interview, that was the time of his life(concerning working, shooting :lol: ), Because there was such friendly atmosphere, and they were functioning like one big family…he said he knew that kind of atmosphere would repeat never ever again…

Brigada-I don`t know much except it was broadcasted here and I didn’t watch it – am I stupid or what :lol: :lol: But seriously Daniil had really small part in Brigada, although it must have meant something for his career, for Brigada as I know had a huge success not only in Russia….

I tried to dig up something about Children of Arbat and I actually found some texts in English , concerning the Rybakov`s novel, and there `s much about leading man Sasha Pankratov(tha part danya wanted to play)this for example, maybe it can help you understand time and circumstances, but nothing on Sharok yet….

Is it hot, or what,….my ,my …:rolleyes:
Things fall down. People look up. And when it rains, it pours.
mag-no'li-a

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

I'm sorry girls, we've got three days off, celebrating the Constitution Day or whatever it was.. and I'm just tired... attending all those rock gigs, etc, I'll answer yuor questions in a lil while, okay?

just deadly tired... ooouch..

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Oh Jelena sweetie :D thanks soooo much !!!!

Your info and the two sites were extremely helpful and it's just delightful to discover Danya as an artist !!!! I just love it !!!!

It's absolutely wonderful to read about the range of different characters Danya played and plays and it's even more exciting to see that he's so successful due to his talent, his empathy, his awareness of his responsibility as an artist and I believe it honours him very much that in his choice of characters and films / theater plays he insists and focuses on cultural quality without excluding the factor of good entertainment.

I would love to see both "Children of Arbata" and "Brigada".... Is there any way to get these on DVD with English subtitles?

Danill wanted to play some other role(I think it was leading male role) but he was chosen for the role of Yuriy Sharok. This character is complete villain in the novel . But in the serial they made him just a man motivated and defeated by his own weaknesses.and danya gave him such a charm ..
Weeeeeell, I'm not surprised about that :wink: :D :P !!!! Just remember: Zoubou said that she was very moved by Danya's "Platonov" (especially at the end when he dies) and I, and I'm sure all of us, just fell in love with "Vladimir Korf"at first sight (not just because of his looks). Both characters are not perfect, they have their very individual weaknesses, there is some kind of instability in their lifes and in their behaviour, they get into trouble and challenge the people arround them..... BUT somehow you cannot help it, can you? Danya makes you like and love these characters and gives them a charm you cannot resist. You're simply not able to feel hatred or contempt for them. I said to the Greek girls that what Danya shows us is that a so-called "bad guy" or "weak" person is not "bad" by nature but that behind all this weakness and "bad" behaviour there is a whole life story and strangely you love that character because of or with his faults and weaknesses.... DANYA LOVE, YOU'RE A MAGICIAN, ENCHANTING OUR FEELINGS !!! :blush: :wub: :rolleyes: :wub: :roll:

POISY :D :P

don't worry love !!!! there's absolutely no reason to get into a hurry, have a good rest, take a timeout, enjoy life and take good care of yourself !!!! there's time enough for all other things :wink: :P

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
jelena

Непрочитанное сообщение jelena »

oreok писал(а):
I would love to see both "Children of Arbata" and "Brigada".... Is there any way to get these on DVD with English subtitles?
yeah I was eager to find deti arbata !!!and DVDs can be bought on internet but no english subs unfortunately,
Of course I was willing to take one without (cause these last months I`ve improved my Russian)but there’s another problem with deti arbata dvds they make them only with regional code nr.5 you’re guessing not for our countries :wink: but we must try some other ways :rolleyes:

and brigada, it is very likely it can be found with English subs, I found out it has been nominated even for EMMY , yeah US TV award!!!!!!
I will have my second chance to watch it in july, it will be shown again, people apparently loved it!!!
Things fall down. People look up. And when it rains, it pours.
mag-no'li-a

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
zoubou

I found out it has been nominated even for EMMY ,
Wow really ?I'm telling girls we have yet to see a lot from Danya. He is a first class actor with a huge talent and many potentials :wink:
This character is complete villain .....and danya gave him such a charm ..
As always he managed to bring the part in his own measures without altering it . I remember my self in the beggining of BN saying about Vladimir "Although he is real "tsoglanos" (greek word for scoundrel) I can't hate him or even dislike him.."
--Louis L'Amour

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Ответить