How Stierlitz Taught Me to Love
Panorama TV - Petersburg (July 20, 2009)
The craze about the colored version
of the “Seventeen Moments of Spring” has not yet subsided,
however a new
story about the legendary undercover agent is to be released soon.
Daniil Strakhov plays the leading role of Stierlitz in Sergey Ursulyak’s
sixteen-episode mini series “Isayev”
what was the most difficult for you during the filming?
- Talking to the journalists. They appeared on the set every other day
and asked: “How are you feeling as Stierlitz?” I didn’t know what to
answer. An actor cannot keep asking himself every minute: “And how am I
feeling playing this part?” Besides, my character is Maxim Isayev, not
Stierlitz. It will be twenty years later that this boy will become Max
Otto von Stierlitz, magnificently played by Vyacheslav Tikhonov.
“Isayev” a film about the Civil War?
- Yes, it’s about the 1918 events when Blyukher defeated the army of
Kolchak. But the film is not a war blockbuster. Through the eyes of
young Isayev, the viewers will see the historical fracture that happened
in our country during that period.
- Where did the filming take place?
Moscow, in Sevastopol, that “played a role” of Vladivostok, in Tallinn
- Daniil, what did you get out of your movie career?
- Money. And new roles. I was absorbed in one character for twelve whole
months. It’s unbelievable.
- Has the popularity changed you?
- Some people think that a person can wake up
famous. It doesn’t happen like that. You get used to everything
gradually, including popularity. Fame is a tail